To apply for any intern position listed below, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marketing & Development Intern
Description: The successful candidate will assist the staff in the following projects and events:
- Marketing The Literacy Center (TLC) with emphasis on website and social media
- Special event assistance for TLC fundraising events with particular focus on the Letters for Literacy
- Will oversee the Letters for Literacy auction and will secure auction prizes
- Creative development of flyers and other promotional pieces
- Projects as assigned for Volunteer Engagement and other Development opportunities
- Updating The Literacy Center promotional pieces
- Updating contacts for service counties
Job Function: Marketing
- Marketing of TLC- Social Media, Website
- Special Events
- Material Updates
- Special Projects
• Should be interested in a career in marketing or related field
• Excellent communication skills
• Must have means of transportation
• Ability to work independently
• Detail Oriented
• Understanding and utilization of Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint
Part Time/ Unpaid
Provides educational support to the students and tutors as authorized Education Coordinator. Coordinates and facilitates The Literacy Lab, working with students to aid their education process while working in the lab and assists in teaching workshops, High School Equivalency Prep Classes
- Facilitate educational time in literacy computer lab and provide instruction to students
- Keep on-going files and records of Literacy Lab program for use by the Director and Board of Directors.
- Return phone calls/emails from clients inquiring about our facilities
- Coordinate resource materials (review, prepare, check-out and order materials).
- Perform assessments of new students.
- Evaluate students using professionally developed evaluation tools (assessments)
- Collect and record tutoring hours monthly from students and tutors using the Literacy Lab and submit monthly reports to Director that include:
- Number of active students in lab
- New students by month
- Total hours of instruction
- Number of students who progress levels
- Student feedback regarding Literacy Lab
- Track and record study hours of students using the Literacy Lab and notify Director when students have earned required hours and can be paired with volunteer tutor.
- Complete quantitative and qualitative measures of success.
- Conduct on-going assessment of students (Laubach/Lab)
- Track and record study hours of students using the Literacy Lab and notify Director when students have earned required hours and can be paired with volunteer tutor
- Assist Education Coordinator in matching students with appropriate tutor.
- Computer literacy
- Organizational Skills
- Time Management
- Understanding Others
- Presentation Skills
- Communications Skills