When: Saturday, February 24, 2018
1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Teams check in at 12:30)
Where: Ivy Tech- Commons, 3501 First Ave.
Who: Teams up to 3 people/$50 per team*
*Student Division $30 per team
Why: To have fun while raising money and awareness for literacy issues!
Information and Registration: http://www.litcenter.org/scrabbletournament/
Information: Call 812-429-1222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Now Recruiting: Teams, Sponsors, and Volunteers!
Simple Tips to Make a Literacy Impact
– Make reading a daily habit in your home. Try designating a reading corner for a cozy reading experience.
– Designate specific time to read- before dinner, after dinner or bedtime
– Read a new book with your young person or as a family to explore a new adventure together.
-Get a library card if you don’t have one and schedule regular visits. Pick a day and a time.
– Give the gift of a literacy to your community with books and resources by hosting a book drive or building a little free library. Donate books to a pre-school, or community center.
– Volunteer to be a reading tutor.
– Plan now to start a literacy tradition built around the Holiday of your choice. Gifts of books and quality reading time.
The Literacy Center will be closed for the Holidays: Monday Dec. 25, 2017- Monday, January 1, 2018. We will be re-open and return to normal hours on Tuesday, January 2, 2018. High School Equivalency Classes will return to normal schedule on Tuesday, January 2nd from 1:00 pm-4:00pm.
If you need to schedule an appointment you may schedule online at http://www.litcenter.org/tutors/hseprep/
or text us at 812-250-8788. We will return all texts and inquiries Tuesday, Jan. 2nd.