February is a month of love- Valentine’s Day, Library Lovers’ Month, and American Heart Month. We also like to celebrate the love of literacy this month. Let’s be honest, we like to celebrate this every month. If you received our last newsletter you read about all the great things happening at The Literacy Center…
- A class at the Community Correction Center
- New workshops being planned for adults wanting to take the high school equivalency exam
- Our 12th edition of Letters for Literacy SCRABBLE Tournament on Feb. 28th
- Our collaboration with EVPL to offer Mind in the Making training to our staff and volunteers
- Our collaboration with Willard Library and Bethlehem UCC to bring Rob Shindler, Author of Hot Dogs and Hamburger to town on Feb. 21 and 22 to speak on Literacy
- And the fact that The Literacy Center will be celebrating 50 years of service in 2016.
If that is not enough to celebrate the love of literacy then maybe you can just sit down with a book and read to yourself, a child or a friend that would like to hear a story. If you need any information about Literacy, call, tweet, text, message me! I’m here to help with all Literacy questions.