Simple Tips to Make a Literacy Impact
– Make reading a daily habit in your home. Try designating a reading corner for a cozy reading experience.
– Designate specific time to read- before dinner, after dinner or bedtime
– Read a new book with your young person or as a family to explore a new adventure together.
-Get a library card if you don’t have one and schedule regular visits. Pick a day and a time.
– Give the gift of a literacy to your community with books and resources by hosting a book drive or building a little free library. Donate books to a pre-school, or community center.
– Volunteer to be a reading tutor.
– Plan now to start a literacy tradition built around the Holiday of your choice. Gifts of books and quality reading time.