You are invited to write a piece of fiction between 500 and 1,000 words in total. We give you the first and last sentences. You fill in the rest.
1. Your story must be your own writing.
2. Your writing must be fiction.
3. Writing must be prose (no poems or scripts).
4. Your writing must be at least 500 words long. It can not exceed 1,000 words.
5. Titles do not count in your word total.
6. The first and last lines do count in your word total.
7. Your writing can be in any genre, style or perspective.
8. No inflammatory, racist, sexist or otherwise offensive content.